Looking to play a key role in an industry leading organisation? Are you an experienced finance professional looking for that exciting next career move?
My client is a leading Government body based in Newport, looking for a Senior Finance Officer to join the team in a wonderfully broad and varied role.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Finance Officer role are as follows:
- Liaise closely with a variety of senior level staff to review their finances, providing them with invaluable expert financial advice to ensure that they are remaining within budget and not overspending.
- Lead on the preparation of management accounts, budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in the review of the budget, highlighting any variances that there may be challenging stakeholders on this.
- Producing clear and robust variance analysis and explanations for finance colleagues
This is an excellent opportunity for an assistant accountant or assistant management accountant to take on a hugely broad and varied role that can be utilised as an excellent stepping stone towards a Finance Business Partner position in the future.
The successful candidate for the Senior Finance Officer role will have:
- Part qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Experience of ideally assisting on the budget setting process but at the very minimum must have been part of this process.
- Previous experience of explaining financial information to non-finance members of staff.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out