interested in a CV enhancing procurement opportunity? Want a role with a true progression path in place that will help you develop your career further? Are you a public sector procurement professional looking for that exciting next role? Then look no further!
My client is a leading public sector organisation based in London, looking for a Procurement Manager to join the team in a role with fantastic potential for growth.
The main responsibilities of the Procurement Manager are as follows:
- Take full responsibility for a wide-ranging portfolio of categories, leading on numerous projects, tendering processes and contracts.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders across the organisation, providing expert procurement related advice in order to educate them on the potential risks and cost savings that can be achieved through a proper contracting process.
- Consistently review the work of suppliers, building fantastic relationships with them in order to manage contracts as effectively as possible and provide the best value for money for the organisation.
- Oversee the work of a junior staff member to ensure that all procurement related admin tasks are performed at the highest of standards.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and ambitious procurement professional to take on a role filled with development and training opportunities that can act as a steppingstone towards a senior role in the future. Furthermore, this organisation prides themselves on offering their staff a fantastic work life balance, with regular working from home on offer.
The successful candidate for the Procurement Manager will have:
- Excellent knowledge of public sector procurement regulations and procedures (e.g. OJEU, Find a Tender, etc.).
- Ideally at least started working towards their CIPS qualifications, however, candidates without this and significant experience are still encouraged to apply.
- Experience of discussing procurement related matters with senior members of staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you are interested in this position please apply immediately, as applications are reviewed daily and this role may be filled before the closing date.
Share this job