Interested in a role that has a true succession plan in place? Looking for a company that offers 40+ days annual leave? Are you an ambitious procurement professional looking for that exciting next career move? Then this is the role for you.
My client is a leading public sector organisation, based in Devon, looking for a Procurement Manager to join the team in a fantastic role that takes full responsibility for a high-value category within the organisation.
The main responsibilities for the Procurement Manager are as follows:
- Full responsibility for one of the highest value categories within the organisation, managing all projects, contracts and tenders both above and below threshold.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders up to director level within your assigned category, acting as their procurement matter expert, educating them on all potential risks and cost savings that can be achieve through a proper contracting process.
- Build excellent relationships with suppliers that will allow you to manage and review contracts and frameworks in order to achieve the best value for money possible.
- Line manage a small team of procurement professionals, training and developing them in a way that will see excellent organisational succession planning achieved.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an ambitious procurement professional to take on a role that will see you really progress and develop your career into a future senior management position. Furthermore, this organisation offers excellent benefits, including 40+ days annual leave.
The successful candidate for the Procurement Manager role will have:
- At the very minimum completed their CIPS level 4 qualification.
- Significant experience of working in a procurement focused role, with knowledge of category management a bonus.
- Excellent knowledge of Public Sector Procurement procedures and regulations (e.g. OJEU, Find a Tender, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you are interested in this position please apply immediately, as this role is likely to gather a lot of interest and will be filled before the closing date.
Share this job