Robertson Bell are excited to be supporting a London-based education body to recruit an interim Head of Finance on an initial six-month contract.
This role has been added into the organisations structure to catalyse, and create space for, change across finance and to instil a higher level of service to the wider business, and customers. This a fantastic opportunity for an experienced accountant to leave their mark on a dynamic organisation during a period of significant change.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the day to day running of the finance department from an operational perspective; ensuring budgets are set and monitored, financial and management accounts are prepared, appropriate support is given to stakeholders across the business and KPI’s are met.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement to existing finance systems and processes to increase efficiency and quality of output. Key areas of focus will include forecasting, reporting, transactions and accounts production.
- Undertaking line and matrix management of the finance function, comprised of over 30 individuals, providing guidance during a period of change.
- Supporting the Director of Finance with strategic decision-making and delivering robust financial reports to the executive team and board.
My client is currently adopting a hybrid working model with up to two days per week based in their Central-London offices however, they would be happy to consider fully remote working in order to secure the right candidate.
The successful candidate will:
- Have recent, and extensive, experience working as either a number one, or number two, within the finance function of a sizeable organisation (c. £50 million +).
- Offer evidence of improving finance processes and systems without impacting key deliverables within the finance calendar.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to develop working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, in a short space of time.
- Be a qualified accountant or truly qualified by experience.
Experience working within the Education Sector would be preferrable however, is by no means essential.
Please don’t hesitate to submit your application now if you are interested in this opportunity and hold the required experience, as this role is highly likely to be filled prior to the advert close date.
Share this job