Interested in working for a leading Public Sector organisation with a large financial turnover? Want to build-up your knowledge and experience in management accountancy and finance business partnering? Are you an ambitious Accountant looking for that next developmental role? Then look no further!
My client is a leading Public Sector organisation based in Bristol looking for an Assistant Finance Business Partner to join the team in a role filled with fantastic development and growth opportunities.
The main responsibilities of the Assistant Finance Business Partner are as follows:
- Liaise closely with budget holders across the organisation to discuss their accounts with them, acting as the main financial point of contact for them.
- Take full ownership financially for your designated budget holder’s areas, playing a key role in the preparation of budgets and forecasts for these and analysing any variances that there may be.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of larger company-wide accounts, producing accruals, prepayments and journals for this process.
- Lead on any and all financial and accounting adjustments to company-wide accounts.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Assistant Accountant to take on a broad role underneath a line manager that prides themselves in developing their staff and helping them to reach their full potential. Furthermore, this organisation offers an excellent benefits package, including a significant annual leave entitlement, flexible working and financial support towards the completion of professional qualifications.
The successful candidate for the Assistant Finance Business Partner role will have:
- Completed their AAT qualification or have a relevant finance/accountancy degree and ideally be working towards completing their accountancy qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.).
- Experience of working within a management accountancy-based role.
- Ideally experience of explaining any form of financial information to non-finance members of staff e.g. what an accrual is, however, candidates without this are still encouraged to apply.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.).
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out