Are you looking to bring your accounting expertise to an organisation with a focus on culture and work life balance? Do you want to work in Government, developing new processes and procedures while learning new skills?
Robertson Bell are working exclusively with an independent Government organisation who are looking for a new Senior Finance Officer. The role will suit an individual looking to complete their accountancy qualification and work closely with the Head of Finance to ensure the best practice across finance.
We are looking for the Senior Finance Officer to take responsibility for a number of key areas including:
- Support the development of budgets and forecasts to support organisational plans
- Lead on the provisions of financial and performance reports, including analysis and commentary to aid senior decision making
- Support on key areas of the Year End accounts and the balance sheet, performing complex reconciliations and guaranteeing accuracy in the financial data
- Managing the purchase ledger function including collating invoices and posting on the accounts system
- Responsible for the monthly payroll process including liaising with the HR department
This role should be viewed as an excellent opportunity to build upon existing accounting expertise and working closely with the senior management team. The post would be a great stepping stone towards a Finance Manager/Partner role in the future or it may suit an individual looking to utilise their skillset.
To be considered, you should meet these criteria:
- Be a part/fully qualified CCAB Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA)
- Experience of working with the challenges of financial management in a small organisation would be an advantage
- Be a true team player, looking to engage with the wider organisation and contribute to its success
- Have strong Excel skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively at various levels of the organisation
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out