Are you a Security Cleared (SC/DV Clearance), with experience of working in a transactional/shared services environment? Are you a fully qualified accountant? Are you looking for a long-term contracting opportunity? If so, please read on.
Robertson Bell are working with a Public Sector organisation, based in Bristol, to recruit an Interim Head of Transaction Services on a 12-month contract. The role will be worked remotely until government guidelines allow however there will be an expectation to go into the office after this time.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee all aspects of a large payroll and pension function including workforce cost forecasting.
- Lead on pay and tax related analytical and technical matters including modelling tools, methods, calculators and corporate guidance.
- Oversee the delivery of non-pay transactional services including accounts payable and receivables, cash and banking.
- Manage the reporting and oversight of significant cash movements and returns.
- Oversee and manage the provision of all 1st and 2nd line support services for the SUN accounting system and liaising with the IT partner to deliver this.
- Provide advice and support to non-finance staff, up to Board level on all areas of transaction services.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant with experience of working in a transactions or shared service environment, ideally within the public sector.
- Hold valid and current SC or DV security clearance.
- Have experience of managing a team remotely.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Be analytical, have strong reasoning skills and be experience in analysing information from a range of sources.
This role is inside of IR35.
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out