Robertson Bell are pleased to be supporting a medium-sized Housing Association, based in London, to recruit an interim Financial Controller on an initial three to six month contract.
You will be leading a team of 10 qualified and part qualified accountants through a critical period in the finance calendar and provide stability to the function through your extensive experience.
Reporting into the Finance Director, key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the year end process, leading a team of financial accountants through the preparation of Statutory Accounts and Audit.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for External Auditors, dealing with high-level queries and providing additional information where necessary.
- Overseeing the transactional finance function, maintaining efficient systems, controls and processes to guarantee payment of suppliers and receipt of income within agreed timescales.
- Playing a key part in establishing the rent and service charge function, developing systems, processes and providing guidance to direct repots as well as senior stakeholders throughout the organisation.
The successful candidate will be:
- A career contractor who can evidence delivery of Statutory Accounts and experience working in a similar role, within the Social Housing or wider Not for Profit sector.
- Fully qualified in a CCAB or CIMA exam board.
- Experienced in managing a team of qualified and part qualified accountants
- A confident communicator who is able to effectively build relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Available to start a new interim contract no later than the first two weeks of February, or sooner.
Please do not hesitate to submit your application now if you are interested in this opportunity and hold the required experience, as this role is highly likely to be filled prior to the advert close date.
This role falls within the IR35 legislation and the successful candidate will be paid through an Umbrella Company.
Share this job