Robertson Bell are pleased to be partnering with a Multi Academy Trust, based in North London, to recruit an Interim Assistant Accountant on a 6-month contract with potential to be extended or made permanent.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Complete monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet control accounts including bank reconciliations, accruals, prepayments and fixed asset account reconciliations.
- Assist in the production of the monthly management accounts.
- Review of restricted and unrestricted income and expenditure.
- Processing on invoices including matching invoices to purchase orders, ensuring these have been approved.
- Preparation and review of the payment runs.
- Dealing with any budget holder and supplier queries.
- Process VAT returns.
- Review aged debtors and monitor debtor control process.
- Managing the monthly submission of payroll data and completing monthly reconciliations of payroll control accounts and post payroll journals.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 5 years’ experience working within a finance department, ideally working within the Education sector.
- Ideally have experience of using Access Dimensions and be an intermediate user of Microsoft Excel.
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to explain accounting concepts to non-finance staff.
- Knowledge and experience of month-end accounting processes and exceptional reconciliation skills.
Unfortunately, my client is unable to offer home-working so this role will require someone in their socially distanced, COVID secure offices 5 days per week.
This role is inside of IR35.
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out