Would you enjoy working for a charity that supports the learning and development of children in local communities? Are you seeking a new Head of Finance role? Could you lead a small team and run the charity’s finances? If yes, please read on!
Robertson Bell are thrilled to be working with this small but powerful charity whilst they recruit for a new Head of Finance. Reporting into the Director of Operations and managing two junior members of staff this is a key number one role in finance. Duties would include but won’t be limited to:
- Lead the finance team overseeing all financial activities and reporting for the organisation.
- Improve and maintain tight financial controls and lead on a system upgrade.
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process and working closely with the Director of Operations on the long-term financial strategy.
- Finalise the statutory accounts and manage the audit process.
- Prepare the management accounts with detailed variance analysis.
- Work with budget holders and provide them with easy-to-understand financial information.
- Oversee the production of financial statements.
- Manage the relationship with the outsourced payroll provider.
- Review funding proposals and work closely with Programme Managers.
This permanent Head of Finance position will be based at the organisations head office near Kennington with working from home on offer two to three days a week. This role comes with excellent employee benefits including 38 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), discounted gym membership and other wellbeing benefits. This position will best suit a proven Finance Manager or Head of Finance within the charity sector.
The successful candidate will be:
- A qualified Accountant or qualified by experience.
- Experienced in the charity sector.
- A confident manager.
- Experienced leading on month end and statutory reporting for a charity.
- Highly personable and have the ability to work autonomously.
If you might be interested in this brilliant role please apply now to learn more!
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out