Does working for a large and complex public sector organisation that drives life changing research sound exciting? Could you successfully manage a financial accounting department? Are you an experienced Financial Controller looking for a new challenge? If yes, please read on!
Robertson Bell are thrilled to be partnering with this brilliant organisation based in Barnsley whilst they recruit for a new Financial Controller. Reporting into the Deputy Director of Finance you would be responsible for four direct reports. Leading this small but dynamic team your duties would include but won’t be limited to:
- Lead on the continual modernisation and improvement of the department setting out clear objectives at all times for the team.
- Oversee the monthly and annual close down of accounts and lead on ledger archiving.
- Oversee effective control of all financial transactions ensuring necessary accounting standards are met.
- Carry out complex financial analysis identifying key trends which will aid key decisions made by the executive team.
- Act as the go to person for any complex or escalated queries related to the financial services team.
- Liaising regularly with Finance Business Partners based nationally.
- Oversee reporting to HMRC, external auditors and local authorities.
- Act as a senior member of the finance team, attending relevant meetings and offering vital input, suggestions and opinions.
- Provide leadership for the financial accounting department ensuring processes are constantly reviewed and improved or developed where possible.
This new position would be a fantastic opportunity for a financial accounting professional who already has proven experience of improving a finance function. The successful candidate will be confident leading and developing staff. This position will initially be based remotely but candidates must live a commutable distance from Barnsley.
This successful candidate will be:
- Experienced in a large and complex organisation.
- Experienced leading a team.
- Highly technical.
- Confident suggesting process improvements and rolling these out.
- An excellent communicator.
If interested, please do not delay in applying as it is likely this vacancy will close ahead of the deadline.
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out