Are you seeking a hands-on role with exposure to a variety of different areas and a clear progression path? Looking for a role where you can add value across an entire organisation and undertake project work? Want to work for an inspiring charity whose work provides vital support to thousands across the country?
If yes, then look no further!
My client is a South-West London based charity that is looking for a Finance Manager to join their close-knit team on a permanent basis. This is a unique role for someone with both management and financial accounting skills who is looking for an all-encompassing role and the opportunity to engage in some exciting project work. The role will also offer the potential to step up into a Head of Finance position further down the line.
The main responsibilities of this Finance Manager role are as follows:
- Manage key relationships with stakeholders across the charity from a variety of backgrounds, providing monthly finance reports, monitoring spend against budgets and offering financial advice as required.
- Play a vital role in the year end processing, including assisting on the preparation of statutory accounts, with the view of taking full responsibility for them as you develop.
- Be a key player in the advancement of the charity’s existing processes, deputising for the Finance Director as required on several projects.
- Playing a key role in the preparation of the monthly management accounts, including variance analysis, writing commentaries and preparing the monthly management pack for senior management.
- Full responsibility for the balance sheet and cashflow, preparing reconciliations, overseeing the payroll process and submitting VAT returns.
- Mentor a small team of finance professionals, providing cover for the line manager when they are absent.
This comes at an exciting time for the charity, as there are a lot of big projects coming up that this role will play a leading role in, offering a brilliant opportunity that will give the successful candidate every chance to grow and develop professionally.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least part-qualified as an accountant.
- Experience preparing the monthly management accounts and working with stakeholders from non-financial backgrounds.
- Ideally, previous experience working in the charity sector. However, candidates without this are still strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrable experience of assisting with year end procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be proficient in Excel (vlookups and pivot tables).
- Experience of managing a small finance team.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please do not delay in applying as applications are being continually reviewed and the client is looking to conduct interviews as soon as possible.
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out