Robertson Bell are proud to be working with this exciting public body whilst they recruit for a permanent Senior Finance Business Partner to join their expanding finance team. Reporting into the Head of Finance this role will be responsible for driving and supporting some key areas of the organisation.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead in scrutinising, challenging and guiding budget holders in the provision of timely and accurate Work closely with several key teams assisting them with the development of their strategy and budgets.
- Act as a finance business partner to your areas of responsibility ensuring that senior stakeholders have the right support to make good policy decisions in line Managing Public Money and other finance rules.
- Assist with building important business cases and carry out financial modelling around cost saving while providing direction on the financial strategy.
- Provide high-quality finance advice and guidance on all financial matters.
- Improve the financial knowledge of your budget holders, arranging and attending regular meetings and ensuring they have access to necessary tools and information.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A fully qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or ACA) with excellent interpersonal skills, along with excellent literacy and numeracy and a collaborate, solutions-oriented approach.
- Be strong leader with a solid history of delivery; be able to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally; and be able to routinely communicate complex financial, accounting and budgetary issues.
- Excellent influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- Experience working within a public sector setting is advantageous, but not essential.
Share this job