Are you a proven Finance Director with experience in startups? Have you also led inhouse or outsourced HR functions? Want to work for an inspiring Executive Director? If yes, please read on!
Robertson Bell are excited to be working with this non-profit organisation during its startup stages to help them recruit for a Director of Finance and Resources. Reporting into the Executive Director you will be responsible for building the back-office function, reviewing current outsourced providers and establishing a strong resources team. Duties for this role will include:
- Oversee all elements of risk, governance and legal including the setting up and management of the risk register.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to set the financial strategy, ensuring alignment to the organisations mission.
- Manage the creation and development of financial plans and budgets.
- Oversee all regulatory compliance, data protection, office management and IT infrastructure.
- Act as a energetic and confident leader to the finance and wider operations teams.
- Suggest suitable finance systems and lead on the implementation of these.
- Maintain tight financial controls and improve systems and processes ensuring staff have access to necessary training and support.
- Act as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, attending regular board and committee meetings.
- Facilitate the growth of the organisation by building a strong finance and operations team.
This is the perfect opportunity for a proven finance and resources leader who is seeking a new and varied role in a growing organisation. This Director of Finance and Resources will be based officially out of the charity’s head office in central London and will offer highly flexible working options. The role will be joining a purpose driven team during a time of exciting growth.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA)
- Have previous experience leading a finance and wider resources team and reporting into a Chief Executive.
- Be an experienced people manager.
- Have the capacity to establish and grow a team.
- Have experience previously working in a startup environment.
- Have previously worked in the charitable sector.
If you are interested in this position, please don’t hesitate in applying!
Share this job