Robertson Bell are pleased to be partnering with a Public Sector organisation to recruit a Policy Manager. A key challenge is to lead the team and support the organisation through a period of change, shaping and implementing a new strategy within the organisation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drafting policy advice and guidance, instructions or other public or professional documents in a clear and concise fashion.
- Experience of managing people and promoting change and influencing the behaviour and actions of other teams.
- To provide clear, timely and informed advice to senior managers drawing upon a wide variety of relevant sources, including advice from legal and data teams.
- To take a lead role in working with internal teams to improve policy development and maintaining links with relevant external bodies, ensuring that policy development is informed and concisely communicated and expert advice is given on complex inspection issues.
- Experience of working successfully in a complex organisation providing professional advice to a range of stakeholders and forging effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in a similar type of position, ideally within the public sector is an advantage.
- Possess experience across regulation, policy and governance, with the ability to analyse large amounts of complex data and spot key issues.
- Have exceptional communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Expertise in gathering and using complex consumer, stakeholder, and market insights, including evaluation findings, to inform policy and strategy decisions.
- Capability to plan and manage projects and tasks flexibly and adaptively, keeping track of timelines, budgets, and ensuring high quality products.
The role can close when suitable candidates come forward – please apply now to avoid missing out!
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out