Are you waiting for a role that makes full use of your experience in rent setting, letting you have total autonomy and responsibility for a Rent Accounting function? Do you want to work for an organisation that actively promotes change and process improvement? Do you want to represent an organisation that prides itself on its staff satisfaction in a newly created role where you can have a huge scope of influence?
My client is a provider of social housing in London that has enjoyed a flourishing few years, with exciting new business ventures giving them a unique model and setting themselves up to be in a strong financial position for years to come.
The role of the Senior Rent Accountant will report to the Financial Controller and have the following key responsibilities:
- Take full responsibility for, and ownership of, the Rent Accounting function, including rent setting, ensuring the maintenance of accurate data, and accurately reporting the state of rents within the organisation to the EMT and the Board
- Be the subject matter expert for Rents policy, following legislation changes and making sure that the organisation is always up to date with the latest regulatory requirements
- Maintain the finance and housing management systems, seeking areas to improve processes and be an advocate for finding opportunities to challenge the status quo
- Business Partner with stakeholders in the Housing Management division, being their go-to person in the Finance team for all rents queries, in addition to liaising with colleagues in the Service Charge team when allocating new properties
- Reconcile rent accounts to ensure accuracy across all tenures, thereby contributing to a smooth year end process
- Line manage a small team of rents processors, overseeing their workload, supporting their development, and making sure they also seek opportunities for improvement.
In this award winning and highly-regarded organisation, staff routinely describe their high levels of satisfaction and the successful candidate will join a well established team. This role is being created to compensate for the increased workload resulting from growth, which is particularly impressive given the challenges facing the sector this year.
If you’re looking for a role where you won’t be micro-managed, where you can genuinely have full autonomy over your work, and your suggestions for change will be listened to and carried out, then you may have found your dream job.
To be considered as the Senior Rent Accountant, here are the criteria to meet:
- Have substantial prior experience in setting social rents (candidates with significant rents experience coming from a more commercial background are still encouraged to apply)
- Be either part or fully qualified as an accountant, or QBE, and be a true subject matter expert in rents policy and legislation
- Be a first class communicator
- Have a proven track record of process improvement with a passion for taking on projects without waiting to be directed to do so.
This role is going to have a very fast turnaround so please apply straight away to be considered!
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out