Interested in working for a leading housing association with ambitious plans to grow in the future? Want to play a leading role in a vital area of finance? Are you an experienced service charge accountancy professional looking for that exciting next step in their career? Then look no further!
My client is a leading housing association based in London, looking for a Rent and Service Charge Accountant to join the team in a role filled with excellent development potential.
The main responsibilities of the Rent and Service Charge Accountant are as follows:
- Lead in the production of accurate service charge estimations, highlighting any issues or discrepancies as soon as they are discovered and producing timely adjustments to counteract these.
- Produce monthly commentaries for the service charge accounts that are vital in the production of the overall management accounts.
- Lead on the annual rent adjustments, ensuring that the correct amount is charged to the tenants.
- Liaise closely with the homeownership team to ensure that tenants are provided with the most up to date and accurate financial information available.
- Play a leading role in the service charge budget setting process for the entirety of this ambitious organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced rent and service charge professional to take on a broad role under a line manager who prides themselves on developing their staff from within. Furthermore, this organisation has excellent benefits on offer including working from home and financial support toward the completion of accountancy qualifications.
The successful candidate for the Rent and Service Charge Accountant will have:
- At least experience of working within a service charge accountancy focused role, with additional experience of rent accounting ideal.
- Previous experience of working in the housing, property management, real estate or local authority sectors.
- Working knowledge of housing legislation e.g. Landlord and Tenant Act 1985.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. vlookups, pivot tables, etc.).
If you are interested in this position please apply immediately, as this role is likely to gather a lot of interest and will be filled before the closing date.
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out