Robertson Bell are excited to be working with a leading organisation within its sector, with strong links to Local Authorities and Charitable organisations, to recruit an Interim Financial Accountant on a 9-month fixed term contract, with potential for other career opportunities during the period of the fixed term contract. This role will operate on a 50:50 hybrid working model, with their Head Office based in Buckinghamshire and has free parking on-site.
As the Financial Accountant you will be part of a team that is set out to deliver ambitious and challenging objectives over the next 5-years. This organisation is seeking a candidate with a ‘can-do’ approach to join a very busy finance directorate, that are also going through a large IT Digital transformation programme.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the preparation of the annual statutory accounts and delivery of the annual audit process.
- Ensure all monthly balance sheet reconciliations are carried out on a timely basis.
- Completion and submission of VAT returns.
- Prepare schedules for tax computations at year end.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Support the management accounts team in production of the monthly management accounts including trial balance, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Support on the implementation of the new financial system.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified or actively studying part-qualified accountant with the ability to gain formal qualifications within a reasonable time.
- Have experience in preparation of year-end and quarterly accounts.
- Be a competent user of Microsoft Packages particularly Excel.
- Possess strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to approach stakeholders at any level.
Share this job