Are you a confident and resilient procurement professional seeking the next step in your career? Can you bring a strong tack record in contract management to a growing organisation? Interested in securing a new role with a growing property developer? If yes, read on!
Robertson Bell is pleased to be partnering with a growing property developer based in Surrey who are seeking a Senior Procurement Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated procurement professional who is seeking to make the next step in their career. The organisation is offering a generous benefits package, including significant home working.
The main duties of the Senior Procurement Manager include:
- Utilise best practices to profile, benchmark, research and assess the relevant markets, risks, competition, trends, and new opportunities to ensure continuity of supply and that best value is achieved.
- Influence business strategy to deliver the best commercial outcomes through proactive engagement with stakeholders and influencing specific business areas to achieve objectives.
- Direct line management of one category manager, providing support and training, ensuring they are performing to the best of their ability.
- Liaise closely with budget holders and Senior Managers to provide and oversee the delivery of a comprehensive range of procurement advice to stakeholders, to ensure that the integrity and legal implications of any procurement policies and activities are fully identified and addressed.
- Responsible for implementation of the recently created procurement strategy, whilst also aiming to continuously develop the long-term strategy across the business.
- Take lead on induvial tendering and contract management in a manner which protects commercial gains and knowledge, manages risk, ensuring that commercial risks are identified and managed at all stages of procurement.
- Lead on commercial management and contract negotiations, and where appropriate to contracts and suppliers, implement and manage continuous improvement processes to maximise value delivery from the contract and eliminate waste.
The successful candidate will have:
- Membership with the Chartered Institute of Procurement or Supply, or qualified to at least CIPS level 4 and working towards (or committed to doing so) CIPS Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply.
- A strong track record on contact management and successful record in tender management.
- An ability to build strong working relationships with varying levels of stakeholders.
- Experience in either the public sector / construction is desirable, however candidates from outside this background are still strongly encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply as applications are likely to close before the deadline!
Share this job