Robertson Bell are excited to be supporting a complex public sector organisation to recruit a Senior Finance Manager on an initial 12-month fixed term contract, which has the high potential to turn permanent through the duration of the assignment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a passionate and talented finance team, for an employer that offers extremely flexible working, even post-pandemic, and a highly competitive benefits package.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Finance Manager include:
- Coordinating the production of the monthly management accounts, ensuring the integrity of figures and conducting in depth analysis to highlight variances and write thorough commentaries.
- Providing a comprehensive partnering service to designated business areas to influence decision-making.
- Leading on the budget-setting process, producing robust financial forecasts and playing a key part in mid-term financial planning.
- Overseeing a team of four qualified and part qualified accountants; managing and coordinating work flow, as well as driving a high level of performance.
- Preparing statutory accounts for a newly acquired trading subsidary and acting as the key point of contact on all queries from auditors and other internal stakholders.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified CCAB or CIMA accountant.
- Have a wealth of financial management experience, and ideally some exposure to financial accounting.
- Demonstrate strong leaderships skills and previous experience managing a team.
- Show a keen interest in the public sector, if not prior experience working in the sector.
- Possess first class communication skills and be highly IT numerate.
Please do not hesitate to submit your application if you are interested in this role, and hold the required experience, as this position is likely to be filled prior to the advert close date.
Share this job