The Pony Club are exclusively partnering with Robertson bell to recruit their Management Accountant role on a permanent basis. The Pony Club is one of the most well-known associations of its kind across the world and one of their key objectives are to encourage young people to ride and to learn to enjoy all kinds of sport connected with horses and riding. Following a recent internal promotion, The Pony Club are now looking to recruit this key role.
The Pony Club is represented in no less than 27 countries with a worldwide membership exceeding 110,000 making it the largest association of young riders in the world.
The Pony Club is an international voluntary youth organisation for young people interested in ponies and riding. Founded in England in 1929, and granted independent charitable status on 1st January 1997, there are around 330 Branches and 480 Centres in the UK alone. The Pony Club has been the starting point for a large majority of equestrian team members and medal winners.
This role offers a full-time opportunity with flexible working arrangements. However, candidates applying must live within a reasonable commute from their office in Stoneleigh, Warwickshire.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Production of monthly management accounts, commentary and variance analysis.
- Involvement in the production of yearly budgets and reporting against budget during the year.
- Involvement in the production of the annual statutory accounts and supporting schedules for audit, facilitating the audit process.
- Checking and collating the branch annual reports for inclusion in the group annual accounts.
- Preparation of journals for monthly management accounts and supporting schedules.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts and checking of bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of quarterly partial exemption VAT returns for the group.
- Checking and collating the branch returns relating to membership and gift aid.
- Point of contact for supporting and advising The Pony Club branches in completing their financial reporting requirements and other ad-hoc queries.
- Co-ordinating treasurer training and Branch officials training.
- Challenge current ways for working and continually seeking to improve processes.
- CRM processing and reporting.
- CRM development work.
- Ensure adherence with Pony Club rules and financial controls.
- Ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Management responsibility for Finance Officer (optional).
The successful candidate will have:
- Achieved their CIMA / ACCA qualification, or be qualified by an appropriate level of experience.
- A sound understanding of double entry accounting.
- Experience of SAGE accounting system or similar.
- The ability to work on their own initiative.
- Experience of CRM systems.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Attention to detail and ability to challenge
- Excellent verbal, written and inter-personal skills
CVs are being reviewed on a daily basis with first stage screening interviews happening as early as the week commencing 23rd November. Applications will be under continuous review before the closing date so please submit your application to our exclusive search agent Robertson Bell.
Share this job