Are you experienced in donor reporting and looking for your next challenge? Keen to work for a well-established international charity whose work supports the lives of millions across the globe? Are you passionate about international development and keen to take significant ownership of a programmes finance function?
If yes, this could be your next role!
My client is a West-London based charity who is looking for an International Programme Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. This charity prides themselves on providing their staff with an excellent work/life balance, with flexible working arrangements and opportunities to work from home available.
The main responsibilities of this International Programme Accountant role are as follows:
- Take the lead on the financial management of all donor-funded projects across their lifecycle, including preparing consolidated income reports and analysing project expenditure against budgets, investigating variances as necessary.
- Full responsibility for presenting consolidated financial information relating to international programmes to the senior management team as requested.
- Be the subject expert for all matters relating to donor compliance and contract requirements, including taking the lead on financial due diligence.
- Provide invaluable support to the in-country finance teams during the bidding stage, scoping programmes and supporting budget development.
- Play a key role in the development of project forecasts, providing sound financial advice and strategic input as required.
- Provide vital assistance during the donor and project audit processes, acting as the key contact for any queries.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who is experience in donor finance and is looking to take on a stand-alone role that is central to the development of the charity’s international projects and programmes. This role will see the successful candidate working closely with and presenting to senior members of staff, both in the UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience of reporting to major donors (e.g. FCDO/DFID, USAID etc.).
- A background in the international charity sector.
- Ideally, achieved their CCAB qualification. However, candidates without this are still encouraged to apply.
- Experience in preparing budgets for proposals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a bubbly personality and the drive and enthusiasm to learn on the job.
If you are interested in this International Programme Accountant opportunity, please do not delay in applying as applications are being reviewed daily and the line manager is looking to interview ASAP.
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out