Robertson Bell are pleased to be exclusively partnering with a Government organisation, based in South East London, to recruit two Interim Assistant Accountants on a 3-6 month contract, with potential to extend or be made permanent beyond this point. This contract will be remote working initially, but there will be an expectation to return back to the office a minimum of 3 days a week once government guidelines allow.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in calculating monthly expenditure accruals including PO accruals.
- Ensure purchase orders are raised correctly and invoices are matched to the correct PO.
- Assist in managing the purchase ledger including processing purchase invoices and processing payments.
- Respond to any queries relating to financial transactions by phone, email or letter.
- Processing direct debits including amendments, cancellations, payments and rejections.
- Be a point of contact for all invoice queries.
- Review monthly balance reports.
- Assist in year end audit as required.
This successful candidate will be:
- An experience Assistant Accountant with experience in AP and AR functions, within the public sector.
- Experienced in using Sage 200 to be able to hit the ground running.
- Confident using Excel to an intermediate level.
- A good problem solver with excellent communication skills.
This role falls inside of IR35.
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out