Anthropocene Fixed Income Institute (AFII) are partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit a Head of Operations and Finance on a permanent, full-time basis. Launched in 2020, AFII is a global non-profit organisation with the aim to empower fixed income markets to drive global climate transition at speed and scale.
AFII are now seeking an excellent Head of Operations and Finance who will report to the Executive Director and be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the organisation by providing leadership in all operational and financial matters including HR, IT, and Risk management.
The key responsibilities will be:
- All financial matters, including budget development, planning & reporting; managing the accounts, payroll and financial reporting of project funded activities and grant programmes
- Financial management and strategy - taking a leadership role in the financial strategy, including medium to long term financial planning and risk management
- Providing financial data for business plan and major grants applications
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls
- Management of budget in coordination with the Chief Executive and Executive Director
- Prepare draft audit accounts and be a liaison with the externally appointed auditor
- Establish/oversee policies and procedures by which AFII’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated
- Play a significant role in long-term planning towards operational excellence
- Ensuring that business operations are efficient and effective and that the management of resources and budgets is properly conducted
- Ensure we have an excellent HR function with policies and practice that meet the needs of the organisation and promote AFII culture
- Ensure we have the best affordable IT infrastructure and resources
- Contribute to the review and update of the Risk Register
- Ensure compliance with statutory and other regulations where appropriate
- Managing the interface and contract management of various outsourced providers (IT, Legal, HR, Finance etc)
The AFII strategy is three-fold: (1) “Initiate Movement” by creating cutting edge, intellectually robust ideas and research on how to shift fixed income markets to support climate change; (2) “Accelerate Movement” by converting ideas into practical solutions for investors to make better decision when investing in climate change; (3) “Generate volume” of fixed income capital flows to climate friendly investments through targeted communications, advocacy and outreach.
The organisation is entering into an exciting new phase of development and growth since its launch in 2020. Striving for operational excellence will be key to achieving AFII’s growth potential and impact.
- The successful candidate will have a full CCAB qualification and proven experience operating at a senior level
- Demonstrable experience in setting up new operational systems and processes, with the ability to plan strategically for future growth
- Experience working in a start-up is highly desirable
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills and be able to take leadership in all areas of responsibility
- Candidates must have a can-do attitude, with the ability to identify and implement operational needs in an organisation
- Please note knowledge of charity SORP is essential in order to be considered for this role
This role can also be offered on a part-time basis.
AFII’s head office is based in central London, however substantial home working can be considered.
The closing date for applications is 20th October 2021. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our retained search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!
Share this job