Are you ready for a step up in your career? Could you provide clear direction to a department made up of nearly 20 staff? Want to report into a high performing and inspiring Line Manager? If so, please read on!
Robertson Bell are excited to be working with this large-scale public-sector organisation whilst they recruit for a new Head of Financial Operations. Reporting into the Deputy Director of Finance you would manage four direct members of staff but have responsibility for a department of 18. This role plays a kay part in the organisations senior finance team. Duties will include:
- Providing leadership and direction to sales ledger, purchase ledger, financial accounting and the system team.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and policies are always met through appropriate robust controls.
- Deputise for the Deputy Director of Finance as and when necessary.
- Work closely with the Deputy Director of Finance on the production of the year-end accounts, budgets and forecasts.
- Act as one of the main points of contact for the external and internal auditors, answering any queries as necessary.
- Oversee the financial position of the organisation ensuring the general ledger is kept up to date with accurate information.
- Take the lead on vital decisions related to treasury management.
- Drive any improvements to processes and systems.
This permanent, full time Head of Financial Operations will be based officially in Bury St Edmunds however flexible home working once or twice a week can be considered. This role would best suit someone looking for a step up in their career who would thrive at improving ways of working and developing staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a CCAB recognised qualification.
- Have a sound knowledge of financial controls and processes.
- Have strong leadership experience.
- Ideally have experience in a large organisation.
- Have experience suggesting improvements to processes and systems.
If you feel this post could be of interest to you then please do not delay in applying.
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out