Are you an expert in financial control and accounting? Could you lead and motivate the financial accounting team of a large organisation? Would you describe yourself as being highly technical? If yes, read on!
Robertson Bell are currently working with this large public sector organisation whilst they recruit for a new permanent Financial Controller. Reporting into the Head of Finance this position will have full oversight of all financial accounting processes and will also lead on the production of financial statements. Duties of this role will include but will not be limited to:
- Develop and maintain the organisations financial processes and the finance systems.
- Supervise the volume of work handled by the team and ensure training needs and development opportunities are highlighted.
- Manage the monthly management accounts process and oversee the fixed asset register.
- Oversee key relationships with bankers and senior stakeholders.
- Lead on the statutory reporting process and liaise with the external auditors acting as the first point of contact.
- Lead on the production of monthly debtors reports and present these at the senior management team meeting.
- Ensure all income and refunds are recorded in an accurate and timely manner and check balances are kept up to date.
- Oversee all payments and refunds including reconciliations, collections, banking and the action of any BACS reports.
- Lead on the month-end closure, post journals and maintain monthly cashflow forecasts.
- Management of a small team including a Financial Accountant and two Finance Officers.
- Ensure all payments are processed on time and manage the calculation of accruals.
- Lead on the monthly cashflow forecasts and treasury reports.
This would be the perfect opportunity for an experienced Financial Accountant now looking for a step up in their career. This permanent and full time Financial Controller would initially be based from home but candidates need to live a commutable distance from the organisations head office near Vauxhall. Employee benefits include 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and hugely flexible working arrangements.
This successful candidate will be:
- Be fully CCAB qualified.
- Highly experienced in financial accounts.
- A confident and experienced people manager.
- Confident using Excel and overseeing finance systems.
- A strong technical Accountant.
Please note any experience within a membership or regulatory organisation would be highly desirable but is in no way essential.
If interested, please do not delay in applying as CV’s will be reviewed daily.
Share this job