Are you seeking an all-round finance role that will give you exposure to both management and financial accounts? Keen to secure a role with brilliant on the job training and an excellent development path? Want to work for a public sector organisation with a UK-wide social reach?
If yes, this could be the role for you!
My client is a public sector organisation who are seeking a new Assistant Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. Based in Northern Northamptonshire, this all-encompassing role is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious, proactive individual with experience in basic management accounts, who really wants to push themselves in a role with brilliant development potential and the ability to assume more responsibility over time.
The key duties and responsibilities of this Assistant Accountant role are as follows:
- Provide invaluable support to the line manager in the preparation of the monthly management accounts for the head office, including the preparation of journals and reconciliations.
- Take the lead on the preparation of VAT returns across the entire organisation.
- Play a key role in the year-end process, using Excel to manipulate and prepare key data files and liaising with the auditors as required.
- Act as the key liaison between the finance and group payroll teams, ensuring that all pension and salary calculations have been made correctly and posting the relevant journals into the accounting system.
- Support the line manager and have a significant input into the production of new ideas to improve the efficiency of current team and organisational policies.
Reporting into a supportive and knowledgeable line manager, this is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to take a step up and take on more senior duties as they grow and develop.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of assisting on the preparation of the monthly management accounts.
- Strong Excel skills, including vlookups, sumifs and pivot tables.
- Ideally, some previous experience preparing VAT returns. However, candidates without this are still strongly encouraged to apply.
- A background in the education sector is preferable but by no means essential.
- Exceptional communication skills, the eagerness to learn and the drive and determination to build a fantastic career in finance.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please do not delay in applying as CVs are being reviewed daily and my client is looking to schedule interviews on a rolling basis.
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out