Want to take on a vital role within an industry leading organisation? Are you an ambitious finance professional looking for that exciting next step in their career? Do you have excellent knowledge of both accountancy and payroll that you can utilise to help a new organisation to thrive? Then this is the role for you!
My client is an industry leading organisation based in Kent, who is looking for a Payroll Accountant to join the team in a broad and exciting role.
The main responsibilities of the Payroll Accountant are as follows:
- Lead in the preparation of all payroll related management accounts, budgets and forecasts.
- Be the leading voice across the organisation on all payroll accountancy related matters, producing monthly journals, reviewing payroll transactions and ensuring that all employment costs are maintained.
- Liaise closely with staff at all levels throughout the organisation, acting as their expert on all payroll related matters answering any queries there may be.
- Act as the bridge between finance and HR analysing any variances that there may be between the employment costs against the budget for the HR team, challenging them on this if required.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced accountancy and payroll professional to take on a broad role that will see you work with a variety of stakeholders up to a senior level across the organisation. Furthermore, this organisation really cares about the work/life balance of their staff with working from home the norm moving forward.
The successful candidate for the Payroll Accountant role will have:
- Experience of at the very minimum assisting with the preparation of management accounts.
- Excellent knowledge of payroll processing and administration.
- Fantastic communication skills and the gravitas to liaise with senior stakeholders throughout the organisation.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. vlookups, pivot tables, etc.).
If you are interested in this position please apply immediately, as applications are reviewed on a daily basis and this role may be filled before the closing date.
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out