Are you looking for an opportunity to take the lead in the day to day running of finance in an organisation making a visible difference to lives of Londoners? Do you want to balance senior stakeholder management, team development, financial management and statutory accounting? Are you a confident leader who can motivate, inspire and develop staff?
My client is a not-for-profit organisation in London whose work is focused on providing London residents with safe, quality homes to live in. Significant increases in funding this year will lead to major projects being undertaken that will focus on better homes, better services, and better safety. An opening as Head of Finance has arisen and will be a key role in the success of the organisation moving forward.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the day to day running of finance, managing a qualified accountant and a number of part qualified accountants
- Ensure sound financial control, and focus on improving processes,
- Nurture a business partnering mentality across the organisation, taking the lead on the most complex and senior stakeholder relationships, and supporting the Management Accountant in developing their business partnering skillset
- Support the Financial Accountant in the production of the statutory accounts, financial regulatory returns, and being a key relationship with external auditors, in addition to developing the qualified financial accountant in their career progression and allowing their role to evolve and increase in seniority over time
- Intervene on overspending across key business areas, and oversee key projects such as major refurbishments and renovations
- Play a key part in the business planning process, supporting the Executive Leadership Team by providing sound financial information and advice, as well as lead in Treasury areas such as cash flows and lender relationship management.
This role will be an excellent stepping stone towards a Director level position, as the successful candidate will work closely with the current Director and gain valuable insight into the design of the organisation's financial strategy moving forward.
Owing to the success of remote working, moving forward, there will be a balance of two or three days a week working from home.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant with substantial senior leadership experience, or someone with suitably broad experience in finance to be ready to step up the number two seat in finance
- Have broad exposure across both financial and management accounting within a not for profit or public sector environment
- Be an expert communicator, known for gaining the trust and respect of both junior team members and senior stakeholders alike.
Applications are under regular review even over the bank holiday weekend - apply now to be considered!
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out