Are you a recent accountancy and finance graduate? Are you looking to start your career in finance whilst working within an environment that encourages and nurtures the development of their staff? Keen to secure a role with excellent on the job training and an unparalleled study support package?
If yes, this could be the role for you!
My client is an Essex based educational organisation who is looking for an Graduate Finance Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis. If you are at the start of your finance career, this is the perfect opportunity to learn the ropes and develop your finance knowledge whilst learning from a supportive and enthusiastic line manager.
The main duties and responsibilities of this Graduate Finance Assistant role are as follows:
- Oversight of the full sales ledger process, raising invoices and posting payments into the accounting system in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Provide invaluable support in the preparation of bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Provide invaluable support in the monthly invoice run process and build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders to support on any invoice or finance related queries.
- Liaise with suppliers and deal with any incoming queries over the phone and via email.
- Ensure all invoice records are up to date and take telephone payments as required.
- Be at the forefront of producing new ideas to improve the working efficiency of the income team.
- Pick up ad hoc duties and deputise for other members of the team as required.
In addition to a competitive salary, the successful candidate will be offered excellent annual leave allowance, flexible working arrangements and an all-encompassing study support package towards a relevant accountancy qualification. Although home based initially, applicants must live within a commutable distance of their offices in Essex.
The successful candidate will have:
- Recent graduated, preferably in a relevant discipline.
- Related work experience within a finance team, however candidates without are still encouraged to apply.
- Desire to, or already be studying towards an accountancy qualification.
- The determination and ambition to build a fantastic finance career and enthusiasm to learn on the job.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now as applications are being reviewed daily and the client is looking to interview candidates as ASAP.
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out