Are you seeking a Financial Controller role within the public sector? Keen to be a part of a high profile organisation which has over 15 offices overseas and a turnover of over £50 million? Want to work with a driven and passionate Deputy Director of finance and lead a small hardworking team? If yes, this could be the role for you!
Robertson Bell are pleased to be working with this well-known public body whilst they recruit for a permanent Financial Controller. This is a vital role within the organisation which is responsible for managing the finance team and providing key support across the wider organisation. Duties for this role will include:
- Management of a team of four whilst working closely with the Deputy Director of Finance and the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis to drive positive change across the organisation.
- Carry out regular reviews of internal procedures and policies and suggest improvements or changes.
- Ensure accurate accounting records are produced and maintained and robust controls are in place and followed at all times.
- Oversee the selling and buying of currency, mitigating any risks to the organisation.
- Assist with any complex tax and VAT matters and ensure all statutory requirements and returns are met.
- Act as the lead contact for internal and external auditors, preparing any requested information and schedules.
- Oversee the accounts receivable and payable function and have full ownership of the balance sheet.
- Provide the financial accounting team with necessary training and development opportunities, ensuring the running of a high performing team.
This Financial Controller role will best suit someone with previous public sector experience, ideally from a financial accounting background. A knowledge of IFRS either from time in industry or practice is essential alongside staff management experience. This role will be officially based from the organisations head office based in London however flexible home working will be offered.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA).
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience within a similar role.
- Be a strong people manager with previous staff management experience.
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Have proven experience leading on the statutory accounts process.
- Have some knowledge of international tax regulations and VAT.
Please note this vacancy is highly likely to close early if a high volume of applications is received so do not delay in applying!
Share this job