Can you be the leader of a crucial Service Charge function within a large Housing organisation? Do you want to bring your extensive knowledge of Housing legislation to a large, well known Housing provider and lead a team of high achieving professionals? Do you want a role that offers a huge amount of working from home moving forwards? Then look no further!
My client is a leading Housing Association, based in London, looking for a Service Charge Manager to join the team in a truly significant role. Being one of London’s largest landlords means that this team serves many thousands of tenants, and accuracy is of paramount importance to ensure consistently high levels of customer satisfaction.
The main responsibilities of the Service Charge Manager are as follows:
- Managing a team of six dealing with transactional and accounting related Service Charge queries.
- Applying a sound understanding of Housing legislation to ensure the team delivers a first-class customer experience regarding Rents and Service Charges.
- Leading the team in setting service charge budgets, reconciling variable and fixed service charges and ensuring accuracy in the property management system.
- Being hands on to deal with escalated and high-profile queries from tenants, as well as being the key audit liaison for the Service Charge function.
- Being a people-focused manager with a focus on upskilling the team, addressing challenges head on, and increasing the level of attention to detail to result in a smooth and high functioning team. Success in this role will be measured by a team being motivated and high performing with a commitment to providing a high-quality service at all times.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join an organisation that has been consistently growing over the last decade, with future growth anticipated. Furthermore, with working from home the norm moving forwards this role offers an unparalleled work/life balance. Staff satisfaction has always been high, thanks to an attractive package of perks and annual leave entitlement.
The successful candidate for the Service Charge Manager role will have:
- An excellent understanding of Housing legislation and strong experience with setting Service Charge budgets from within either a social housing, property, or real estate environment.
- Strong experience of people management, with proven successes in leadership in the past.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to use the latest technology in your management skills – you will be managing remotely a large percentage of the time, so this is highly important.
If you are interested in this position please apply immediately, as applications are reviewed daily and this role may be filled before the closing date.
Share this job