Do you want to be a part of the well-respected Audit function of a large, modern and diverse not-for-profit organisation? Do you want to feel like your work has a strong social purpose, as well as feel rewarded and valued as an employee? Do you want the opportunity to work across the entire remit of a large, social organisation, having a firm influence over decisions to make improvements?
Joining an exciting employer, the role of the Senior Internal Auditor will report to the Head of Internal Audit and will feature the following key responsibilities:
- Delivering risk-based audits across the full scope of the organisation’s services, including Property Development, Gas Safety, Fire Safety, Finance, Maintenance, and their numerous charitable functions
- Working in a small team, taking on various audit projects throughout the year and delivering to a high standard
- Running a full audit cycle under supervision from the leadership team, from planning and drafting terms of reference, to conducting field work and producing detailed reports that contribute to the governance and assurance framework.
- Highlight key areas of risk and make reliable recommendations for senior management that ultimately allow the organisation to continue its exciting trend of growth.
The employer is a highly respected employer, regularly featuring in the Top 100 Companies To Work For and holding an excellent reputation in its sector. Recent changes to business strategy mean that there are now even more flexible working opportunities, and you can expect to do a significant amount of your work remotely after the pandemic.
To be considered, please meet the following minimum criteria:
- Have two to three years’ experience leading full cycle risk-based internal audits, or experience as an external auditor looking to move into internal audit
- Be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/IIA or similar) or hold a minimum of a part qualification with substantial experience
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills, evidenced by a history of writing meaningful and influential audit reports
Please apply immediately if this role is of interest. The deadline is fast approaching, and video interviews will be arranged at short notice so please do not delay your application!
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out