Keen to work for a charity with a strong social purpose, whose presence across the country is rapidly increasing? Looking for your next management accounting role where you can manage a finance team and add value across an entire organisation? Want a hands-on role with exposure to working with senior stakeholders?
If yes, this could be your next role!
Reporting into a knowledgeable and enthusiastic line manager, this new permanent Management Accountant role will offer a great challenge for someone who is experienced in management accounts preparation and is looking for the opportunity to influence the strategic development of an organisation.
The key duties and responsibilities of this Management Accountant role are as follows:
- Full responsibility for preparing the monthly management accounts packs for the senior management team, providing additional insight and analysis to aid strategic decision making as required.
- Full supervision of a small finance team, including workflow management, appraisals and providing training and development opportunities to give them the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- Support the project teams across the UK in the preparation of their project budgets and forecasts, providing sound financial advice and challenging their numbers as necessary.
- Act as the finance lead in the development of bids and proposals for new contracts the charity is looking to secure.
- Play a leading in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts for the charity as a whole.
- Provide invaluable input into the preparation of the financial statements and be the key point of contact for the auditors at year end.
This role comes at an exciting time for the charity following a recent restructure and change of strategic direction. It offers a fantastic opportunity for candidates who are looking to add value across and entire organisation and influence senior stakeholders in their decision making. Although home-based initially, applications will need to live within a commutable distance from their offices in Northamptonshire.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally, fully qualified as an accountant. Candidates who are a finalist or have evidence of being qualified by experience will still be considered.
- Demonstrable experience of preparing monthly management accounts packs.
- The confidence to liaise with senior stakeholders, challenging their ways of thinking as required.
- A strong understanding and / or experience of preparing financial statements.
- Previous experience working in the charity sector is desirable, but by no means essential.
- Line management experience.
If you are interested in this Management Accountant role, please do not delay in applying as CVs are being reviewed daily and my client is looking to arrange interviews on a rolling basis.
Share this job
Please apply to our vacancies as early as possible. Job opportunities can sometimes close at short notice and we wouldn’t want you to miss out