Want to work for a household name international charity? Looking for an Internal Auditor role that will enable you to gain exposure to a wide variety of functions and strengthen your experience? Keen to secure a rewarding role that offers unparalleled development opportunities under supportive leadership? If yes, this is the role for you!
Joining one of the UK’s most well-known charities, the Internal Auditor role will report into the Audit Manager and will feature the following key responsibilities:
- Take the lead on delivering risk-based audits across the full scope of the charity’s resources and functions, including HR, IT, Fundraising, Health and Safety, Governance etc.
- Working in a small team, taking on various audit projects throughout the year and delivering to a high standard.
- Running a full audit cycle under supervision from the leadership team, from planning and drafting terms of reference, to conducting field work and producing detailed reports that contribute to the governance and assurance framework.
- Highlight key areas of risk and make reliable recommendations for senior management that ultimately allow the organisation to continue its exciting trend of growth.
- Undertake occasional international travel to support on Audits within some of the charity’s field offices.
My client is a recognisable, ambitious international charity who have an excellent reputation across the sector for employing high quality individuals and giving them every opportunity to succeed within their careers. Furthermore, the role will officially be based out of their Head Office in Guildford, but they have recently shifted to a hybrid working pattern and the successful candidate will only be required in the office one or two times per week.
The successful candidate for this Internal Auditor role will have:
- Two to three years’ experience of leading full cycle risk-based internal audits.
- A minimum of a part qualification (either CCAB/CIMA or IIA, or similar).
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills, evidenced by a history of writing meaningful and influential audit reports.
- Ideally, a background working in the charity sector, but this is by no means essential.
Please do not delay in applying if this role is of interest as the deadline is fast approaching and interviews will be arranged a short notice.
Share this job