Looking for the opportunity to head up a finance business partnering function for a large public sector organisation? Could you confidently partner with Director level budget holders? Are you a fully qualified accountancy professional looking to further your line management skills?
If yes, look no further!
My client is a Cambridgeshire based public sector organisation who is looking for a new Head of Finance Business Partnering to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Director of Finance, you will hold a crucial role within the organisation and will be responsible for building successful working relationships with members of the Senior Leadership Team and for providing support and guidance to small team.
The key duties and responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Full responsibility for managing the organisation’s business partnering and reporting function, providing first-class financial support to all stakeholders.
- Take the lead in the development of the organisation’s annual budget and oversee the forecasting process.
- Liaise regularly with budget holders up to senior management level, ensuring they are on track with spending.
- Line manage a small team of highly capable, proactive finance professionals, including providing training and giving them opportunities to develop professionally.
- Sole charge for the preparation and submission of the yearly financial reports.
- Be at the forefront of generating new ideas to combat financial challenges.
- Influence key senior members of the organisation to ensure alignment with the organisational strategy is maintained and financial sustainability is prioritised.
The role would be offered on a remote working basis to begin with, but applicants must live within a commutable distance of their Head Office in Cambridgeshire.
The successful candidate will be:
- Fully qualified and have demonstrable post-qualification experience.
- Experienced in business partnering and operating at a senior level.
- Confident communicating complex information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Experienced managing a small team of finance professionals.
- Ideally, a background working in the public sector. However, candidates without this are still strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this Head of Finance Business Partnering opportunity, please do not delay in applying as applications are being reviewed daily and my client is scheduling interviews on a rolling basis.
Share this job