This small, dynamic migrant support charity is looking for a dedicated Head of Finance and Resources to join their passionate, highly capable team in London and be a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), working alongside the Head of Services and reporting to the CEO. Praxis is a leading migrant support charity that has been at the forefront of supporting vulnerable refugees and other migrants for over 30 years. Key priorities today are tackling homelessness and providing expert legal advice. Last year alone, they provided 11,737 nights of safe accommodation to vulnerable people and delivered immigration advice and casework to over 1500 people, most of whom were excluded from other support. This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to get hands on with the exciting work this organisation is doing, as well as becoming a pivotal part of their development going forward. This is a part time role (3 or 4 days per week depending on the candidate) but has huge scope to add value and be a key member of the organisation at a time of change and development.
Reporting into the Chief Executive, the Head of Finance and Resources will provide strategic leadership to – and ensure effective operational management of – all internal support services. These include Finance, HR, Governance, Risk, IT and Fundraising. The Head of Finance and Resources will be responsible for providing sound financial planning and analysis and as a member of the SMT and work closely with the CEO to develop and deliver the long-term strategy of Praxis. Experience of charity governance and developing an organisation’s support services are essential.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Ensure the charity has robust financial and legal governance in place
* Financial planning, budgeting and forecasting for the organisation
* Maintaining and developing an effective finance function
* Ensure services, bids and tenders are appropriately costed and sufficient funds are raised to run Praxis effectively
* Reporting to trustees on all matters in the portfolio
* Building financial literacy across the organisation
* Ensuring appropriate risk management and compliance in relation to regulatory frameworks e.g. data protection.
* Maintain, develop and review a suite of appropriate policies including HR
* Take responsibility for all matters relating to premises from leases to H&SW.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with a strong track record of leading and motivating staff and collaborative working across organisational functions. Preferably with experience in the charity or social housing sector, the ideal candidate will be confident preparing statutory accounts and financial budgets and forecasts. With experience playing a strategic role, the right candidate will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate complex legal and financial matters to non-experts. Combining this ideally with experience of managing and developing an organisation’s internal support functions, Praxis require someone with business skills, knowledge of charity governance and a passion for the not for profit sector to join their team in this pivotal role.
If you are interested in this position, please apply early as applications are under constant review and this position may be closed before the deadline