Robertson Bell are excited to be partnering exclusively with the Government Commercial Function to recruit a Finance Manager (Management Accountants) which is based in the Glasgow office.
The Government Commercial Function is a cross-government network procuring or supporting the procurement of goods and services for the government. Within that sits the Commercial Capability Programme (CCP), which develops commercial and contract management capability across all government departments and is expanding into other public bodies too, making for a unique and exciting opportunity to join the organisation.
The Finance Manager will oversee month end cycle, budgeting, forecasting, various internal submissions/ returns for workforce planning, be able to cover for the Deputy Head of Finance as needed and undertake any other finance related tasks for the team. The Finance Manager will work closely with the CCP internal teams, the Cabinet Office finance team, other GCF central teams, and occasionally external government departments and public bodies. The work is fast-paced and the job holder will play a key role in ensuring the sound financial management of their areas.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Internal reporting and month end process – to review/reconcile, analyse, accrue and make corrections as needed to ensure each cost centre data is correct. To prepare reporting packs that are clear, succinct, accurate and appropriate including providing relevant commentary.
- Skilled budget management and forecasting including workforce planning – to develop the financial and business planning for the directorate within the short deadlines including producing robust budgeting and forecasting through supporting the process, data collection and analysis. This involves working closely with your designated budget holders and service delivery teams to effectively and accurately manage the process and financial targets.
- Experienced business partnering – the Finance Manager role will work with a wide range of stakeholders as outlined above; having the ability to work collegiately and balancing that with suitable and appropriate challenge and scrutiny is essential to the role. To manage cost centres relating to two business pillars which include using initiative to solve problems and provide quality services and outcomes, taking account diverse customer needs
- Compliance – to ensure compliance with internal policies & procedures, financial reporting standards, including principles around Managing Public Money and FReM.
- Governance and financial accountability – to provide support with data analysis and narrative for Customer Board, Oversight Committee and any other governance group.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in Finance in a similar or equivalent role including demonstrable experience of running or being a part of, a full range of finance cycles (monthly, quarterly, annually etc).. Must be technically strong, able to create templates and work out accounting adjustments.
- Strong organisation skills and high level of attentions to detail. Ability to manage conflict/ urgent tasks and manage expectations. The ability to remain professional whilst working and delivering at pace.
- Good analytical, written and verbal skills - able to succinctly communicate complex financial information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders, demonstrating an ability to engage effectively and influence others.
- Demonstrable experience of using your own initiative and working independently as well as being a strong ‘team player’ to provide quality services and outcomes taking account diverse customer needs.
- Must be fully qualified or towards the end of the qualification process (eg. ACA, CIMA, ACCA). Qualification by experience accepted, however will not have access to accountancy qualification allowance.
For more information, please apply using the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Jack White at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.
Share this job