Want to lead a £60million transformation scheme for a rapidly growing public sector organisation? Keen to secure a role with exposure to major capital projects? Are you a fully qualified finance professional with a commercial mind-set?
If yes, this is the role for you!
My client is a West-Midlands based public sector organisation who are currently seeking a Finance Business Partner to join their team in this newly created role on permanent basis. Reporting into the Deputy Director of Finance, you will play a key role in the organisation’s new growth strategy by overseeing their new capital transformation scheme, worth over £60million in value.
The key duties and responsibilities of this Finance Business Partner role are as follows:
- Act as the finance subject matter expert for the organisation’s capital development scheme.
- Full responsibility for building three-year financial plans and budgets from scratch.
- Take the lead on the preparation of business cases for funding from a finance point of view, ensuring all costs have been accounting for and testing assumptions as required.
- Business partner with several project teams to ensure the financial sustainability of each transformation scheme.
- Undertake financial appraisals and make strategic recommendations to Senior Management.
- Produce monthly reports for the Senior Management Team, outlining spends in relation to budget and analysing cashflow.
- Ensure all capital income is accounted for and contribute towards the organisation’s new 10-year capital strategy.
- This role comes at an exciting time for the organisation and will be at the centre of several exciting, upcoming projects. You can expect to be able to work flexibly for the duration of the contract, although the line manager has a preference for applicants to live within a commutable distance from their offices.
To be considered, you will meet these criteria as a minimum:
- Be a fully qualified accountant.
- Ideally, you will have a background working in a local authority. However, candidates without this are still strongly encouraged to apply.
- Have previous experience managing complex, high-value capital projects.
- Have exceptional communication skills, proven by the confidence and ability to communicate complex information to non-financial stakeholders.
Applications are under continual review. Please apply now to avoid missing out as this post is likely to close early.
Share this job