Habinteg Housing Association is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit a Transactions Team Leader to join their Finance team. Habinteg currently owns and operates around 3,500 homes and employs around 120 staff, with the Finance team operating out of the head office in Holborn, London. Habinteg has growth plans in place, accelerating from the organisation’s current development portfolio of circa 15 homes a year up to 85 homes a year.
The Transactions Team Leader role is a crucial role that supports the organisation by ensuring the satisfaction of existing suppliers, as well as supporting growth plans by ensuring all transactional activity is smooth and timely. Reporting to the Head of Finance, key responsibilities are to:
- Oversee a small team of Finance Officers working in AP, AR and Rent transactions and to take full responsibility for these functions, enforcing strict policies and procedures to ensure processing deadlines are met
- Ensure processes and controls are up to date, fit for purpose, and adhered to, to allow for a smooth and timely flow of transactions between Habinteg Housing Association and its suppliers
- Play an integral role in the implementation of new systems upgrades and isolate ways in which the new systems can improve efficiency in the team
- Make recommendations to senior management to reduce the number of suppliers used, lead on managing the relationships with these suppliers, and ensure excellent customer service is provided at all times
- Supervise and support the transactions team to encourage their career development, as well as getting involved in the daily transactions processing at busy times.
On offer is the chance to lead a diverse team while applying your own personality and experience to make the role your own. Ongoing system improvements will be a key focus, so this is a great opportunity to take a leading role on those projects and have your recommendations for change implemented.
To be considered for the role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role, from which you can demonstrate examples of ensuring efficiency in Transactional finance and successfully leading and motivating a strong team
- Have a keen eye for detail and a track record of enforcing process improvements and delivering a strong control environment
- Have a good understanding of Finance systems and finding ways for the system to support the workforce wherever possible.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 22nd of September. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date, so please either click Apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org without delay.