Habinteg Housing Association is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit a Rent and Service Charge Accountant to join their Finance team. Habinteg currently owns and operates around 3,500 homes and employs around 120 staff, with the Finance team operating out of the head office in Holborn, London. Habinteg has growth plans in place, accelerating from the organisation’s current development portfolio of circa 15 homes a year up to 85 homes a year. This role of the Rent and Service Charge Accountant will be fundamental to providing customers with an excellent service as well as having responsibility for the organisation’s main income stream.
- Reporting to the Head of Finance, the key responsibilities of the Rent and Service Charge Accountant are to:
- Take sole responsibility for Habinteg’s Rent and Service Charge accounting, including setting Rents and Service Charges, maintaining accurate data, and reporting the state of Rent and Service Charges to the EMT and the Board
- Be the organisational lead for Rents and Service Charge policy – staying up to date on current legislation, ensuring best practice at all times as well as informing the organisation of any legislative changes
- Lead on various projects with Rent and Service Charge such as data cleansing, moving away from manual data towards automation, as well as investigating and enacting methods to improve efficiency
- Perform the annual Rent and Service Charge reviews, in addition to ad hoc reviews to ensure income is maximised and errors are minimised
- Ensure Business as Usual is maintained during peak times of the year, meeting key weekly and monthly deadlines, as well as being responsible for preparing relevant regulatory reports.
As a sole role within Rent and Service Charge, this CV enhancing position will give you autonomy over the function, meaning this is an opportunity to shape the role yourself, with success being measured through achieving accuracy and efficiency as well as delivering on projects to lead the function forwards for the future.
The role comes with a strong benefits package, including flexible working, and joins a bright and close-knit team in the heart of London with excellent transport links.
To be considered, please meet the following criteria:
- Have excellent data manipulation and analysis skills, ideally demonstrated within Rent and/or Service Charge accounting, though candidates with excellent Excel skills without prior relevant experience are still encouraged to apply
- Demonstrate an awareness of, and desire to remain up to date with, current Housing legislation and regulations
- Have strong people skills, communication ability, and the maturity to take the lead on a crucial area of income for a successful organisation.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 19th January and face to face interviews are being held 29th, 30th and 31st January in Holborn. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date, so please either click Apply or send your CV to email@example.com without delay.