Wimbledon Guild is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit a Head of Finance and Resources on a permanent, full time basis. Wimbledon Guild is a brilliant charity that was founded in 1907 and has maintained the same vision since the beginning in wanting the people of Merton to lead happy and fulfilled lives. As the needs of the local community have changed over the years, they have continued to offer an extensive range of diverse services fulfilling the aims of:
- Reducing social isolation and loneliness
- Helping people who are experiencing difficulties
- Enabling older people to be active and healthy
This Head of Finance and Resources is a unique opportunity which will have direct involvement in crucial strategic planning for the organisation whilst leading on all financial aspects including business planning, accounting and audit, budgetary oversight and controls
The key responsibilities will be:
- Planning and coordinating the preparation and reporting of budgets, cash flow and risk forecasts, including monthly management accounts and quarterly reports to the Finance & Risk Committee and the Board.
- Working with the Chief Executive, Senior Management Team and the Board of Trustees to develop organisational strategy.
- Evaluating the financial aspects of new projects such as the major capital project to redevelop the site, liaising with managers and Trustees about the projects feasibility alongside analysing, developing and preparing project plans and budgets.
- Preparation and timely delivery of the annual audit, reports and accounts.
- Effectively managing the Guild’s taxation position especially in relation to VAT, Corporation Tax and charitable giving.
- Managing and developing the core functions of Finance and Office Management as well as the outsourced functions of IT, Estates and Human Resources.
Wimbledon Guild has an amazing 112-year history and is made up of a fantastic staff team, dedicated volunteers and skilled Trustees. Last year Wimbledon Guild worked with over 2,000 individuals from across the borough of Merton with services ranging from informal community activity groups to talking therapies and individual hardship grants.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant.
- Have experience of managing financial systems, including setting and managing budgets, management accounts and cash flow, etc.
- Have the first-class ability to prepare year-end accounts and annual budgets.
- Have the experience of the long-term financial and business planning, strategic planning and development of an organisation.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate staff and volunteers, to develop and maintain quality relationships with staff, volunteers, trustees, clients and suppliers, funders and donors.
This opportunity will be based at their headquarters in Wimbledon.
The closing date for applications is 30th March with interviews taking place on the 7th April. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our retained search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!