Head of Client Finance – Grade 6 (Band A+)
Salary – £57,000 – £65,308 + £5,000 accountancy allowance
The Government Property Agency (GPA) was launched as an Executive Agency of the Cabinet Office in 2018. The GPA represents a step change in the way that Government property estate and assets are managed efficiently, by providing innovative and flexible solutions across the Government estate. Our core service is to support departments in business change and workforce transformation. The GPA is the place to be for UK’s leading professionals in estates, commercial, project management and beyond.
The Government Property Agency is expected to grow exponentially over the first few years of its existence; this equates to transferring hundreds of assets (worth billions of pounds) onto its balance sheet from Government Departments, as well as gaining responsibility for the running of a large part of the central government office estate.
The Head of Client Finance will be responsible for leading this new function and managing GPA’s income which is set to grow from £600m this year to £1bn. The successful applicant will be responsible for engaging with finance directors in client organisations, providing them with high quality information and advice, winning their trust and confidence. As this is a new function, they will be responsible for developing and setting up the team, its processes and culture.
The responsibilities of the Head of Client Finance will include
- The GPA’s Head of Client Finance is responsible for managing GPA’s income which is set to grow from £0.6bn this year to £1bn by 2023.
- Leadership of team of 7 staff with indirect leadership of management accounting and project accounting finance staff to ensure accurate and timely property accounting.
- Responsibility for change management including the development of staff and the introduction of new systems, processes and technology solutions.
- Providing clients with high quality forecasts, analysis and advice, helping clients and GPA achieve their financial goals.
- Provide each client with forecasts on rent and other charges for the financial year.
- Take the lead in financial management services provision by the managed property service partner to deliver monthly KPIs and service changes.
- Oversee forecasts to include: operating costs; projects; and dilapidations provisions, ensuring forecasts comply with government accounting standards.
- Develop and introduce processes for client finance that are aligned with other business processes and scale up efficiently as GPA’s turnover grows.
The post holder may be required to undertake additional responsibilities as expected in relation to the role and grade.
Key Skills & Experience
- CCAB qualified, or equivalent.
- Must have experience in client finance.
- Good experience setting up systems and processes, managing change.
- Good experience of using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to seek and analyse significant amounts of financial data to inform decisions.
- Ability to put customer needs at the heart of delivery and communicate complex ideas to a non-financial audience.
- Ability to lead a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to plan and prepare to maximise time and productivity.
- Ideally candidates will have property industry experience in a medium or large organisation of £100m
- Skills in MRI Horizon, Yardi Voyager or other property management systems.
- Skills in use of Excel and Hyperion for financial reporting.
For more information, please apply using the link, or contact Katie Wilson-Smith or Stuart Thomson at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 824 7100.