“New Year New You”. I’m sure, you’ve heard that a few times since the start of the new year! No surprise as it’s the perfect time to consider and set new goals and resolutions for the year ahead, but without some serious dedication it can be all too easy once the rigours of January take hold to slip back into old habits! So here are our 6 success tips to help you get it right in 2019 – make it your year, keep motivated and achieve your goals!
- Stepping out of the comfort zone – We need to want it more that we don’t want it. There is a tipping point when a level of discomfort reaches a new low, and it’s at this point that we are most motivated to do something about it. To reach your goal, whether that’s a new job, a promotion, a physical challenge or losing a few extra pounds gained over the Christmas period, you have to have the courage to step out of your comfort zone – you have to put the effort in! To succeed you’ll have to be committed, accountable, resilient and persistent.
- Accountability – Be honest with yourself and stay true to your goals. If you cheat, you will only be cheating yourself. It’ll take you longer to get where you want to be, or at worse you’ll fail.
- Commit and take ownership – If you own something you are more invested in it. If you are totally committed to achieving, you’ll go all out and get it. If you think you can get there without putting your heart and soul behind it, you just won’t get there.
- Get feedback – get honest advice and criticism from people you look up to and respect. There may be times when you doubt yourself or situations that will throw you off track – refocus and keep going. With the right support network, you can achieve even more!
- Check your mindset – consciously choose a positive frame of mind every morning. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t-you’re right.” (Henry Ford). Believe in yourself. Surround yourself with positive people and start each day with a positive quote, affirmation or by listening to a motivational pod cast. Consciously choose to have a good day and most of the time you will!
- Be persistent – You will have to overcome hurdles – don’t give up! Keep focused, adapt if you need to but stick with it, keep learning and moving forward. Don’t be put off by failure – we can’t grow and learn if we don’t fail a few times. Learn, adapt and keep going regardless of your setbacks.
Good luck and go for it!